All You Need To Know About iso 9001:2015
ISO 9001 is by far the most popular and widely accepted quality management system used by many organizations around the world to increase efficiency and optimal customer satisfaction. ISO 9001 version changes every 7 years. Since its creation in 1987, it has been improved four times, iso 9001:2015 being the latest standard.
Developed by the quality systems technical committee of ISO/TC 176/SC 2, ISO 9001:2001 was launched on 23 September 2015 and thus replaces the old version ISO 9001:2008. Organizations have a transition period of 3 years to adapt to the latest version of the rules and standards. This means that organizations must deploy the latest 2015 version by September 23, 2018, to continue to comply with ISO standards.
What is the need to upgrade ISO?
All ISO management standards must be regularly revised according to the rules of this standard. The ISO committee agreed to review and set the following objectives to maintain its market relevance in the coming years:
- Integration with other management systems.
- An integrated approach of the organization.
- Indicates the difficult environments in which companies operate.
- Improve organizational efficiency to deliver optimal customer satisfaction.
Improvisations that can be expected with the new version of ISO 9001:2015:
The new structure of iso 9001:2015 is certainly the most notable feature. It now follows an overall structure similar to other ISO system standards, making it much easier for organizations that have implemented multiple management systems. The increased emphasis on risk-based analytics is another notable feature of the new version. Some other improvisations are:
- ISO 9001:2015 places more emphasis on leadership commitment than the previous standard. Senior management is now more involved in the management system, which also means that they must ensure that the goals and principles of the new version are compatible with the goals of the organization.
- The organization’s risks and opportunities are handled much more consistently.
- The use of understandable language and common structure is useful for organizations using several management systems such as health and safety, social responsibility, environment, etc.
- The improv version replaced preventive actions with corrective actions.
- A new clause titled Organizational Context is included in the version of ISO 9001:2015 for QMS. This clause implies the need to identify relevant external and internal issues as well as to establish, implement, maintain, and continuously improve the quality management system to the requirements of the standard.
The ISO 9001:2015 standard expects your quality management system to be dynamic and geared towards the continual improvement of your organization’s effectiveness and efficiency, while also improving customer satisfaction. Many ISO 9001 consulting firms have diverse skills and experience in continuous improvement strategies and methods. These can include problem-solving, six sigma, lean manufacturing, using different enterprise software and tools, and more. They can dramatically increase your speed to operational efficiency, customer satisfaction, and profitability for your business.