Your Solution For Lorry Cranes in Singapore Here
A crane is any device designed to lift or move heavy loads horizontally over short distances. These devices use mechanical means to raise and lower a load, rather than hydraulic rams or other powered methods. Several types of cranes include derrick cranes, gantry cranes, and tower cranes. Learn more about lorry cranes in Singapore here.
Why Need Lorry Crane?
When a construction project requires lifting heavy objects or moving them across short distances (which they do very frequently), the need arises for a crane. Lorry cranes are not limited to but are used in different types of industries and applications. One of the most common uses of lorry cranes is for loading and unloading trucks and trailers. Lorry cranes may be mounted directly onto trucks and trailers, or they may be mounted to scaffolding systems. In addition, a variety of different types of lorry cranes exist, each with advantages and disadvantages.
Types Of Lorry Cranes
There are many different types of cranes, depending on how they operate and what materials they lift. Some of the most common types of lorry cranes include:
- Gantry cranes – These have two arms or platforms that hold the lifted object and allow the crane operator to control its position.
- Derricks – a type of crane, derricks consist of a boom and counterweight at one end. A look at the opposite end holds the object being lifted.
- Tower cranes – towers are taller than other types of cranes, and have higher working heights above ground level. Towers require special permits for operation since they are considered a danger to people and property.
- Crawler cranes – crawlers are mobile cranes that travel on tracks along the floor or ceiling, raising and lowering themselves.
- Applications Of Lorry Cranes – Construction Industry
Lorry cranes are commonly used to build structures and perform other industrial tasks. Some examples of the industry using lorry cranes include:
- Building bridges and skyscrapers
- Loading and unloading ships
Lorry cranes are much-needed equipment for loading and unloading cargo from trucks. Lorry cranes are used in several industries to aid in transporting and lifting heavy loads. These cranes come in various sizes and types with varying lifting capacities and functions. Lorry cranes are most commonly used in the construction industry to lift materials, such as steel and concrete, onto the upper stories of buildings.
So, if you are looking for lorry cranes that are affordable, you have come to the right place.